Thursday, December 09, 2010

2010 Fantasy Christmas Wish List

Every year I do my grown up version of a list for Santa here on the blog. I call it my "fantasy wish list" and I put stuff on there that's both practical and stuff that's expensive and I know I will probably never get. Either way, the fantasy is kind of the fun of it. I've been thinking about what to put on my list for this year, and really, it all came back to one thing:


I'm usually so anti-gift cards at Christmas too. I think they're lazy, thoughtless gifts for the most part, grabbed at the last minute and with little thought put into them. That defeats the purpose of giving a gift, if you ask me! The Gift of the Magi would not have become a classic story had the husband and wife just swapped Starbucks gift cards and gone on with their lives, you know?

Here's the thing - I really, really, really want to start a garden and try composting. It's a big part of the reason why I wanted to move into a house. You know what you don't buy when you live in an apartment?

Shovels. Rakes. Pitchforks for turning compost. All kind of important to do what I want to do. Of course there will be other things I'll need, like soil and fertilizer and wood to make the beds. I also would kind of like to get a weed whacker to trim up the edges of stuff in both the front and back yards. This kind of stuff is a big investment, so a little bit of help in getting them would be awesome.

And that is what I want for Christmas this year. Totally boring, right? Well, there is one more thing...

Did you know that Goodwill has gift cards? :)

7 Comments:

Blogger ~M~ said...

My mom gives me a Savers gift card every year!

3:17 PM  
Blogger Becky (My Fabric Obsession) said...

HaHa! Gift cards rock. Maybe Santa will bring you some gardening tools.

4:49 PM  
Blogger Kat said...

ha! Those are always on our list

7:13 PM  
Blogger Samara Link said...

I had no idea Goodwill and Savers did GFs, but it makes sense. What a great idea. I hope you get some of the things you need to make your garden and start composting. Worthy goals! It's funny how priorities change in different parts of life, and the things you want evolve with it. I mean, ten years ago, did you ever imagine you'd want a pitch fork for Christmas? :)

7:13 AM  
Blogger Ale said...

Your plan sounds like so much fun. My advice to you: go to Craigslist and start getting on the yard sale circuit and get your tools for free or almost nothing. I didn't visit yard sales when I used to live in AZ but now I am a big fan of them!

12:21 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Did you know Goodwill has an auction site?

shopgoodwill.com

just died...

6:54 PM  
Blogger Muffy said...

Oh my gosh, don't start composting. Where do you live? We bought an expensive composter and we messed SOMETHING up because it doesn't work. Now no one wants our composter! HAH!

4:42 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Photobucket Photobucket

©2008 Sara Madrigal Fehling. All rights reserved.

Please do not take my photos without permission.

Contact me! sara.fehling@gmail.com

Related Posts with Thumbnails